The Building Committee is looking for a Project Accountant to look after the finances of the project. Some of you may ask as to why a separate person is needed if we already have a Jamaat Head of Finance and Treasurer. The reality is that these individuals are incredibly busy with looking at the various other aspects of the community’s finances and therefore, we need someone specific for this role. Naturally, the person who fills the role will have to work very closely with Inayat Moledina (Head of Finance) and Navshad Kanani (Treasurer).The role will entail working with the Jamaat Head of Finance and Treasurer to ascertain the following:
- The current revenue sources and expenses of the Jamaat.
- How much of the free cash flow that is generated by the Jamaat can be utilised towards the capital expenditure involved in building the new centre.
- The capacity within the community to generate funds for building the new centre.
- How the community will pay for the maintenance of the new centre.
- Work with the Jamaat office to keep an accurate account of how much has been received in donations (including huqooq and non-huqooq funds, conditions of donations etc.) and how much has been spent towards the construction of the new centre.