- The bid for the Sampson Road site was rejected. The reasons for the bid being rejected are explained here.
- The Community is currently in contract with Bill Houle of Trigram Properties who has been assisting in identifying and acquiring suitable pieces of land. Mohammed uncle suggested that I arrange a meeting with Bill in order to get an update on where the site search is at.
- The Community is also in contract with Bob Ghosh of K4 Architects who has been engaged to carry out the masterplanning of the new centre. It is important to bear in mind that there are a number of other architects that have approached the community as was discussed at the AGM and Mohammed uncle has provided me with their contact details. He also suggested that I arrange a meeting with Bob as well.
- The Community is no longer in contract with Saleem Asaria of Cambian Group, as the expiry date has lapsed.
- Mohammed uncle stressed the importance and urgency of refinancing the care home given the motions that were passed at the AGM. He informed me that the Jamaat has already approached two smaller banks in relation to a loan, but both of these banks of rejected our proposals because of their very-tight lending criteria policies with regard the care home sector in light of the Southern Cross closure.
- Before the AGM, the Jamaat applied to renew planning permission for building 18 flats on the Mr Clutch site.