The Council of European Jamaats (CoEJ) Youth Desk are holding their annual youth conference on 13th February 2016. The title of the conference is ‘The Evolving Gender: The role of a Muslim woman in the 21st century western society.’
The aim of this conference is to create networks between the youths whilst providing an day filled with a series of short talks, discussions and workshops. The event is open to all between the ages of 15-35.
Following are some of the topics that will be discussed:
- The emancipation of women in Islam by Jaffer Ladak.
- Examining the sermon of Nahjul Balagha regarding the incompetence of women - Amina Inloes.
- The dynamic approach to the authority of a woman in Islamic Jurisprudence - Ali Reza Bhojani.
- Feminist philosophy: The rise of the women's worldview in philosophical discourse - Ali Najaf.
- (Workshop 1: Analysis of the sermon of Lady Fatimah - Amina Inloes).
- (Workshop 2: Should leadership roles in the community be gender blind? - Masuma Jaffer)
- (Worskhop 3: Crosschecking Gender Equilibrium in this World and Hereafter - Kumayl Rajani).
- (Workshop 4: Women in community leadership: Valued stakeholders or token gestures? - Esmat Jeraj, Anisa Kanji)