21st January 2020
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting shall be held on Sunday 09th February 2020 at 2.00 pm at
The agenda for the meeting will be as follows:
1. Recitation of the Holy Qur'an
End with Surat al-Fatiha.
Petition: The Alternative Proposal
Resolution in the petition signed by members:
1. "The resolution passed on 10th September 2017 to be amended that the Building Committee embark upon the construction of the Multipurpose Hall and Refurbishment works on the Mosque and Imambargah Building."
Resolutions proposed by Tawfiq Jivraj and Sajjad Gulamhussein:
2. It is hereby resolved that the Building Committee is instructed to fully investigate and evaluate the alternative proposal presented at this Extraordinary General Meeting held on 09th February 2020. As part of the Building Committees investigations, they will conduct a full due diligence on this alternative proposal and report back to the General Body at an EGM or AGM with their findings within the next 2 months. The general body at this meeting will then vote and decide whether to continue with the current proposals that the Building Committee is working towards or vote to approve the alternative proposal.
3. It is also hereby resolved that the chairman of the buildings committee shall appoint a buildings committee task force consisting of at least 4 members of the existing building committee and 4 members of the group promoting the alternative proposal the alternative proposal to fully investigate and evaluate of the alternative proposal.
4. It is hereby resolved that the Building Committee will not in the coming two months take any irreversible steps or incur significant amounts in cost towards the existing buildings committee project so as to act to deprive the general body of a vote at the next EGM/AGM on the alternative proposal.
"Creating a spiritual & vibrant community based on the values and practices of the Islamic Shi'a Ithna-Ashari faith by developing the potential of its members, engaging with the wider society and serving the needs of humanity worldwide."