Changes in Organ Donation from Spring 2020
The law in the UK is changing from Spring 2020 whereby individuals will require to opt-out from donating their organs as opposed to opting in for those who wished to donate their organs.
Who will the changes affect?
These changes will affect all adults in England unless they have recorded a decision not to donate or are in one of the following excluded groups:
- Those under the age of 18
- People who lack the mental capacity to understand the new arrangements and take the necessary action
- Visitors to England, and those not living here voluntarily
- People who have lived in England for less than 12 months before their death
The link summarises the changes taking place and the actions required to opt-out from organ donation. Please share the link provided with your family and friends that they can make an informed decision. https://nhsbtdbe.blob.core.windows.net/umbraco-assets-corp/15763/organ-donation-law-in-england-factsheet.pdf
We herewith attach the rulings received for your ease of reference which constitutes of:-
- Rulings from Tawdih al-Masail
- Q&A from His Eminence’s Website