إِنَّ هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنَ يَهْدِي لِلَّتِي هِيَ أَقْوَمُ وَيُبَشِّرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ الَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ الصَّالِحَاتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ أَجْرًا كَبِيرًا
Surely this Quran guides to that which is most upright and gives good news to the believers who do good that they shall have a great reward. (17:9)
Dear brothers and sisters,
We pray this email finds you in the best of spirits and health.
The KSIMC of Birmingham invites you to be part of an exceptional and exciting upcoming event, the first of its kind in Birmingham, open to both men and women, young and old...we proudly present to you the first ever Lady Fizza Annual Quran Competition. (#LFQC).
Our main objective is to bring awareness to the treasures of the Holy Quran and inculcate the Love of the Holy Quran in our children, youth and adults of our community.
The competition will provide an opportunity for a range of individuals to participate and will take place
On 4th – 6th May 2018
Registration Deadline: 17th December '17
The age and recitation categories for the competition are as follows:
- 5-7 (Hifz and/or Tafsir)
- 8-10 (Hifz and/or Tafsir and/or Open Recitation)
- 11-15 (Hifz and/or Tafsir and/or Open Recitation)
- 16+ (Hifz and/or Tafsir and/or Open Recitation)
Descriptions of recitation categories
- Hifz: Participants will be given chapters to memorise and will be asked a selection on the day.
- Tafsir: Participants will be given 10-15 verses months in advance and will be asked about the tafseer/details for 2 of these verses.
- Open recitation: Under 16's will be given chapters to prepare and over 16's anywhere in the Quran
Participants can choose to participate in any of the recitation categories according to their age group. E.g. You can participate in all 3: Hifz, Tafsir and Open Recitation or if you prefer to, you can participate in 1 of the recitation categories.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.