We're excited to announce that we are piloting several new services to help people over the age of 50 to start their own businesses or get back into sustained full-time employment.
During recent focus groups, while we received positive feedback about our 'Preparing to run your own business' (PROYB) training course, it was felt that it was rigid and time-consuming and clearly wasn’t appropriate for everybody.
We therefore want to widen our appeal and help more over 50s into business, particularly those who perhaps don't need a full training course but who would welcome building their networks, receiving advice, or getting nuggets of training on specific issues, such as tax, marketing and social media.
These new services have been designed so you can pick and choose what you want do, as well as suiting whatever stage you are at. These include:
- #Over50sRock: helping you explore your options whether that’s returning to work or starting up a business or perhaps a blend of both.
- The Light Bulb Moment: working with you to formulate your business thoughts to reach that eureka moment.
- One Day to Day One: getting your business ideas in place so you can begin the first day of your new enterprise.
- Thrive: inspiring and motivating you to improve and grow your business.
- PRIME Business Club: lots of different events, such as networking, co-working days and mentor clinics.
Along the way, we will also bring together a range of experts, partners and resources that can contribute to your future success in areas such as marketing, improving your selling techniques and nurturing growth.
We will be initially running the new services in Birmingham and if successful, we hope to roll them out across the rest of the country.
Further information on these new services can be found here, including details on how to book, and we will provide further updates about where else we will be delivering the new services.